It’s been two years since the initial release of The OpenDota Project! First and foremost we would like to thank all of our users, cheese-buyers, and sponsors. We hope you’re all enjoying the platform!
- Over 270,000 registered users
- Over 70,000 matches parsed per day
- 6500+ overall commits to the core, 1700+ to the UI
- 70 contributors across the UI and core
Some of the major changes we’ve made this past year:
- Data migration: More than 1 billion matches moved from PostgreSQL to Cassandra to greatly improve load times
- The codebase split: A React UI for casual users and Node.js API to power the community’s apps
- Translation: Making the UI available in multiple languages through a community translation effort
- A rename (from YASP to OpenDota)
As always, if you have any suggestions for how we can improve your experience, please let us know or even submit a pull request yourself! OpenDota remains a volunteer-powered project and wouldn’t be possible without the many developers who contribute their time and expertise.
Happy Dota, and here’s to an even better year three!