In 2015 when we first started OpenDota, then YASP, we had one mission in mind: make advanced statistics available to the entire Dota community, free of charge and built on open source code to encourage community development. Our goal has never been to make money; we have always minimized ads on the site. However, as server costs continue to increase (due to an ever-growing amount of match data) and sponsorships churn, we must move to a more sustainable funding model to keep this mission alive.
To achieve this we are making the following changes:
- Automatic match parsing will become a feature for subscribers at $5 per month.
- Subscribers will receive a badge on their profiles to indicate their support.
- Previous cheese owners/donators will retain their cheese badges, but this will no longer trigger automatic match parsing.
- Professsional/tournament games will continue to be automatically parsed
- Users can continue to manually request matches for parsing. There is currently no limit on the number of parses requested by users, but we may revisit this as time goes on.
Subscribe today and keep OpenDota running and available to the Dota 2 community!
Thank you for your continued support.