Today we’re proud to introduce a public preview of our newest feature, the Data Explorer!
- The Data Explorer is a tool that helps users answer questions about players and performances in professional Dota 2 matches.
- Users can easily construct queries by clicking on their desired fields and parameters.
- Fields support auto-complete, so just entering
tim batinto the
selectfield will find
Timing - Battle Fury.
- Once you’re done building your query, you can get your data in a table directly on the page (the
tablebutton) or open a new tab with the raw API response (the
- This flexibility ensures that you’ll get the data you need regardless of whether you’re you making a one-off query out of curiosity or trying to feed the result to another program for further analysis or visualization.
- Users who are comfortable writing SQL can also tweak the generated query or write their own from scratch.
- The database schema is available here.
SELECTqueries are allowed (obviously), so trying to
DROP TABLE matcheswon’t work. (Sorry, script kitties.)
- Queries time out after running for 30 seconds. Plan your queries accordingly, and use the
OFFSETkeywords to page your results as needed.
We hope you find this new feature both exciting and useful! Let us know on GitHub or Discord if you have any feedback regarding this feature or have any new feature requests, or submit a pull request yourself! Happy Dota :)