After evaluating feedback from the initial release of rankings I’ve updated the ranking algorithm to address some of the feedback.
- MMR is now weighted more heavily in the ranking calculation
- All matches (not just ranked) are now considered for ranking
- Points scored per win are weighted by average visible MMR in the match
- The existing rankings have been reset, so everyone is starting over with a clean plate
- Rankings still reset quarterly, so the current round of rankings will reset again on June 1. Consider the next two weeks a sort of “trial run” of the new system.
Full details of the ranking code are available on GitHub, and as always we welcome feedback and ideas!